Your role as Senior Accountant
As a Senior Accountant you will partner with the Finance Team to manage the general accounting & tax activities, ensure a correct General Ledger to monthly closings. You will optimize and document procedures, and financial controls following statutory and group policies. You will take part to consolidation process.
General Accounting Operations
Overseeing General Ledger functions, you will assure accuracy, timeliness, and conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with BEGaap, group policy and procedures; i.e. :
- Ensure accounting entries are in line with Local Accounting Standards;
- Supervise the maintenance of company general ledgers and perform reconciliations as required;
- Ensure correct and accurate accounting classification of all expenditures and documents;
- Specific analysis and process review of general ledger accounts;
- Ensures integrity of the financial system and at the same time ensure timely, accurate and meaningful reporting;
- Accounts Payable process supervision with Accountants, payments planning, aged accounts;
- Accounts Receivable follow up and maintenance of processes with Business Support teams (aged accounts, …);
- Provide support to internal and external stakeholders (Auditors, Authorities, Operations teams,…).
- Calculate and prepare monthly and annual VAT returns (BE, NL & LU);
- Ensure TAX compliance;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Income Tax return and ad hoc requests.
Reporting & Analysis
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports;
- Prepare the annual BE statutory accounts (4 companies);
- Coordinate with foreign Accountants for local statutory accounts and compliance;
- Assist in collation of data for budgeting;
- Analyze current systems and processes to ensure accurate recording of accounting data.
- Accounting Degree is required;
- CPA licensed or soon-to-be licensed is a plus;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience (Consultancy, Audit or Accounting);
- Good communication skills, ability to challenge and to properly collaborate with key partners;
- "Problem solver" attitude and prioritization skills;
- “Change Agent” with a focus on procedures and processes;
- Analytical mindset;
- Fluency in French & Dutch, English or Dutch is a plus;
- Navision Knowledge is a plus:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, etc...).
- An exciting job with opportunities to evolve in an ever growing company;
- A changing environment where your contribution will make a difference;
- Competitive salary and fringe benefits package in line with your role and experience;
- Offices located downtown in Brussels with easy access by car (parking) and by public transports.